Leading the company’s business growth in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, identifying and creating new opportunities in pursuit of high value projects across the country and leading a tendering team in proposal preparation. Developing strategies and plans, implementing them, and developing relations with both new and existing clients and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Business Planning, Development, and Intelligence
• Update and develop country business development plans, strategies, and databases, in alignment with corporate objectives and priorities.
• Regularly carry out market assessment and gather and analyze business intelligence.
• Identify and build out new customer and market segments and opportunities within Saudi Arabia.
• Prepare semi-annual comprehensive reports on market trends, competitive landscape, and existing and potential clients to support decision making and growth strategies.
• Develop and report on KPIs related to Business Development activities.
Relations & Partnerships:
• Establish and maintain a network of relationships with existing and potential partners and clients and gain an understanding of their needs and whether, and how, SETS may support and serve them
• Develop and deliver tailored presentations to introduce SETS capabilities and value proposition to new and existing clients and partners.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure that the BD Plan is being implemented by relevant personnel.
• Ensure SETS is regularly invited to relevant opportunities.
• Provide support in deal negotiations, contract development, and due diligence.
• Lead tendering unit to ensure fulfilment of all client requirements in proposal submissions, in coordination with Department Directors and Technical Staff.
• Oversee the arrangement and preparation of proposals as per requirements, at all stages of the tendering process and in adherence to corporate processes, expectations, and tools.
• Assist in and advise on the issuance of bid and tender bonds, and on the selection and coordination with suitable partners.
• Follow up with clients on proposal status.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Business Administration or related disciplines
• Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
• 10+ years of experience in the engineering sector in Saudi Arabia and/or the GCC, capable of bringing and leveraging a wide in-country network;
• At least 3 years of experience leading teams;
• An understanding of engineering and infrastructure projects is critical; university-level education in engineering is desirable;
• Previous experience in business development in Saudi Arabia and clear understanding of the market;
• Previous experience in proposal preparation is a plus;
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Enthusiastic, autonomous, confident, creative, and customer-driven self-starter;
• Able to identify, build, and sustain value;
• Team player excited to build value in a growing organization and a fast-paced environment;
• Good business sense and understanding of business processes;
• Organized and able to work within strict deadlines, performing well under pressure;
• Willingness and ability to travel within Saudi Arabia;
• Written and spoken English is necessary. Fluency in Arabic is preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as experience